- Recognize the limitations of traditional cost accounting.
- Identify and validate cost drivers using regression analysis.
- Determine the impact of these drivers using multidriver cost-volume-profit analysis.
- Outline hidden profits using a resource-consumption-based approach to ABC.
- Develop driver-based planning and control systems to enhance cost reduction efforts.
- Show why resource consumption-based cost measurement, not GAAP costing, is essential for success.
- Multidriver cost models using top-down cost decomposition analysis.
- Driver-based modeling in multiproduct environments.
- Managing idle capacity is so important.
- Cycle-time reduction and process value analysis.
CPAs, CFOs, controllers, financial analysts and accountants who want to offer value-added services for their clients or employers.
Basic knowledge of Excel.