Gallagher, Flynn is partnering with Mack Molding to help source for an experienced accounting/finance professional who is ready for the challenge of a Senior Accountant-level position with advancement potential! This exciting opportunity reports directly to the Controller and acts as a key member of the finance team.
ABOUT MACK MOLDING
Founded in 1920, Mack Molding is a leading supplier of contract manufacturing services and injection molded plastic parts to companies in a range of industries. Headquartered in Arlington, Mack Molding is just 10 miles from the town of Manchester near popular ski areas of the Green Mountain National Forest.
This year, Mack Molding is celebrating 100 years in business! As part of its mission, Mack employees embrace the following key values, which serve as the foundation for continued improvement, growth and success of the company: customer satisfaction, fairness, ethics, work environment, corporate citizenship, integrity and financial stability.
This Senior Accountant position is a key member within the Finance Team that will support various aspects of finance and accounting for the company. The ideal candidate will need to be effective in general accounting functions. The position requires a solid accounting background combined with strong analytical skills. This role requires a candidate who is familiar with general accounting responsibilities and general ledger activities; including journal entries, intercompany transactions and account reconciliations.
• Managing the general ledger and accounting for activity accurately, in addition to financial reporting and analysis.
• Maintains the General Ledger and subsidiary ledgers, including, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property and operating expenses;
• Assists Controller in closing the corporate books and developing financial statements;
• Implements goals, policies, priorities and procedures relating to financial management, budget, and accounting.
• Performs monthly balance sheet reconciliations and journal entries;
• Generates month end accruals;
• Prepares reports to assist other departments with understanding and properly using financial data;
• Performs internal audits;
• Provides backup for other financial functions;
• Generates ideas for cost savings and efficiency improvements;
• Occasional travel to other company locations is required;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strong working knowledge of Accounting principles, Financial Analysis and General Ledger.
• Must possess strong analytical, technical and professional accounting skills.
• Ability to work independently in a fast paced, high tech manufacturing environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Attentive to details.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting. CPA or MBA preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting/financial analysis in a manufacturing environment.
• Outstanding use of Excel and Word.
• Proficiency in ERP system, specifically Mapics is desirable.
Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gains clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings as a subject matter expert.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Ethics - Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient with Microsoft Word/Excel, and Accounting software. Strong ERP background important.
Gallagher, Flynn, & Company, LLP has been retained to help source candidates for this search. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by sending an introductory cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to Dan Lyons, Director, HR Consulting at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-556-1167. While we appreciate all interest in this outstanding opportunity, only candidates who most closely align with our search will be contacted.
Disclaimer: What is listed above is representative of the responsibilities of the position but are not meant to be an exhaustive list. Responsibilities may change during employment at the company’s discretion. Gallagher, Flynn & Company, LLP and our client do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.