Client: Confidential Company. Additional information regarding the company specifics and position will be provided to those who fit the profile of this role.
Position: Assistant Controller
Location: Burlington, Vermont
Our client, a fast-growing company located in Burlington is seeking an Assistant Controller with an entrepreneurial spirit to join their high-performing team. The Assistant Controller will report directly to the COO.
The Assistant Controller is responsible for all financial operations of the business. This position will help shape the organizations strategic plan, business operations, and help to ensure the organization is poised to scale. This person needs to be viewed as someone having finance expertise that has a demonstrated history of proven successes of streamlined, high-quality contributions.
The Assistant Controller is responsible for the timeliness and accuracy of all accounting operations. In this role, you will manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger maintenance and will enforce accounting policies and procedures. The individual must demonstrate their ability to work independently and collaboratively at all levels of the firm.
• Manages the day-to-day accounting and administrative functions related to billing and accounts payable
• Oversees daily cash management/accounting activities and all Accounts Receivable processes
• Coordinates the reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts
• Prepares and analyzes accounting data and produces financial reports or statements in a timely and accurate manner
• Manages month and year-end accounting functions, including supply chain reconciliations and preparation of materials required for tax filings
• Ensures appropriate systems, segregation of duties, and internal controls are implemented and maintained
• Works with CFO on all local, state and federal tax and regulatory/compliance issues. Assists with the coordination of all audit activity to include external audits and internal control reviews
• Coordinates and manages financial and administrative policies, procedures, and controls for continuous improvement of company’s business operations
• Manages daily banking activity and reconciliation
• Manages annual 1099 process for the firm
• Work closely with HR on related personnel policies
• Assists with the management of all bank reporting and communications
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration preferred
• 3-5 years of hands-on accounting experience
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong working knowledge of general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and banking
• Systems-oriented and an ability to adapt to new systems
• Ability to meet strict deadlines and work in a timely manner while maintaining a high-level of accuracy
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to communicate with various types of people (internal and external) in various ways (written, verbal, demonstration)
• Approachability; works effectively and relates well with others
• Problem-solving abilities; resourcefulness
Gallagher, Flynn, & Company, LLP has been retained to conduct this search. Interested candidates may apply by sending a resume and cover letter to Shane Capron, Director of Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we appreciate all interest in this opportunity, only candidates most closely aligned with our search will be contacted.
Disclaimer: What's listed above is representative of the responsibilities of the position but is not meant to be an exhaustive list. Responsibilities may change during employment at the company's discretion. Gallagher, Flynn and Company and our clients do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.