Spivey Lemonik Swenor PC is a CPA firm located in beautiful Manchester, Vermont. Our firm provides tax compliance and planning services to high net-worth individuals, small businesses, trusts and estates, and nonprofit organizations. We are mindful of the seasonal demands of a tax practice, and where possible, offer flexible work arrangements. We are currently looking for individuals to fill the following position:
SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT
CPA or CPA candidate with five plus years of tax experience including preparation of individual, partnership, corporation, and fiduciary income tax returns. This individual will work with partners to assist clients with strategic business and tax planning. For a qualified candidate with a strong accounting and tax background, this position provides tremendous growth opportunities.
Requirements and responsibilities:
Preparation of individual, partnership, C Corporation and S Corporation income tax returns including necessary accounting and tax adjustments
Tax planning and projections including the coordination of individual tax situations with the related business entity or fiduciary returns.
Preparation of fiduciary income tax returns and the ability to review trust documents and understand the related estate planning issues
Demonstrate an ability to:
• research and analyze complex tax issues
• work with federal and state tax authorities to resolve taxpayer issues and respond to notices
• work closely with partners, staff and clients to complete engagements in a timely manner
• problem solve and think creatively and logically
• manage and prioritize multiple engagements under tight deadlines.
• Communicate clearly and effectively with partners, other staff and clients
Candidate should have strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office. Familiarity with QuickBooks and Lacerte tax software would be valuable.