Vermont Society of Certified Public Accountants
K2's Excel Best Practices for CPAs - JUST CANCELLED!
« View All Courses
Add to Calendar
$315.00 Price reflects early registration savings of -$50.00, good until 5/29/19
$515.00 Price reflects early registration savings of -$50.00, good until 5/29/19
- Jun 5, 2019, 8:30am–4:30pm
Hampton Inn by Hilton Colchester (Colchester, VT 05446)
42 Lower Mountain View Drive
Colchester, VT 05446
- K2 ENTERPRISES
- CPE Credits:
Specialized Knowledge: 8.00
As spreadsheets continue to evolve, so too must your practices for creating, editing, and auditing them. In this program, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the best ways to work with Excel by learning best practices associated with Excel spreadsheets in each of the following areas: creating and editing Excel workbooks, securing Excel workbooks, collaborating with others in Excel, and reporting on data contained in Excel.
Today’s best practices for Excel differ significantly from those used in the past and you will learn the best ways to work with Excel spreadsheets in this “must see” CPE program. Course materials include relevant examples to enhance your learning experience. Participate in this program to help ensure that you utilize Excel to its fullest potential.
This course covers features found in Excel versions 2007 and newer.
- List critical spreadsheet design fundamentals
- Identify techniques used to minimize data input errors
- Utilize Excel’s Table feature as a foundational component of spreadsheets
- Identify and implement three different techniques for consolidating data
- Utilize various Excel features, such as Go To Special to solve specific spreadsheet issues
- List and apply four techniques for sharing an Excel workbook and collaborating with others
- Implement various techniques for auditing and error-checking Excel workbooks, including Trace Precedents, Trace Dependents, and Formula Auditing
- Identify the advantages of working with Defined Names in Excel
- List and apply six techniques for securing Excel data
Fundamental knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel 2007 or newer