Vermont Society of Certified Public Accountants
Virtual Federal Tax Camp with Sue Smith
« View All Courses
Add to Calendar
$299.00 Price reflects early registration savings of -$50.00, good until 10/12/20
$499.00 Price reflects early registration savings of -$50.00, good until 10/12/20
- Nov 12, 2020, 8:30am–4:30pm
- Surgent McCoy CPE, LLC
- CPE Credits:
- Fields of Study:
Susan Smith, CPA, manages her own firm specializing in tax planning for individuals and business owners and is also a frequent speaker at tax conferences. Smith was a Senior Manager in the tax departments of Price Waterhouse and Peat Marwick (the predecessor of KPMG). While at Price Waterhouse, she also held the national specialist designation for the real estate and partnership tax practices. During her time at Peat Marwick, Smith led the real estate and tax practices locally. She was an associate adjunct professor at Widener University in the master's taxation program. Her ratings have consistently exceeded 4.7 on a scale of 5.0. Smith is a two-time recipient of the James L. McCoy Discussion Leader of the Year Award for excellence in teaching. And in 2015 and 2016, she received the Surgent Outstanding Discussion Leader Award because of her consistently high evaluations for knowledge and presentation skills.
Please note: This is a live, private course, and not a webinar. Attendance at this live course is limited to VTCPA members and those registered through the VTCPA. It takes the place of the usual on-site live Tax Camp offered by the VTCPA.
Tax practitioners have been hard-pressed to keep up with changes brought about by the CARES Act and the SECURE Act, not to mention the far-reaching changes of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. In this course, tax advisors will be fully updated on the most important legislative and regulatory developments of the season as well as major trends and changes in the case law, with a view toward planning considerations.
- Understand the latest tax law changes
- Understand strategies and techniques for individuals to use in light of tax changes
- Understand current cases and rulings affecting individuals and businesses
- The SECURE Act, including RMD changes, the elimination of the stretch IRA, modification of the kiddie tax rules,and expansion of §529 plans and 401(k) retirement plans for part-time workers
- The CARES Act and FFCRA, including employer tax credits, SBA loans, and EFMLEA and EPSLA expanded leaveprograms
- The CARES Act changes to §163(j), §461(I), and NOL rules
- Bonus depreciation rules and expansion of §179
- Expansion of taxpayers able to use the cash method of accounting
- Comprehensive coverage of §199A and its alteration of pass-through taxation and planning
- Is the "Employee vs Independent Contractor" conundrum about to explode?
- Crypto currency
- Practice aids, including all the numbers applicable for the current year -- inflation-adjusted amounts, mileage rates,retirement contributions, and more
- Advanced practice, reporting, and other issues intertwined with advanced planning and discussion ideas
- The latest issues related to any other late-breaking tax law changes
CPAs who need to know the latest tax law changes in all areas of practice.
Experience with individual and business clients.