Tata Harper Skincare, a luxury 100% natural & nontoxic skincare brand based in the Champlain Valley of Vermont, is a vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution facility. We are growing rapidly in all areas of the business and are excited to create this new role to bring on an enthusiastic and knowledgeable team member to support our growth. We are seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to join our team. We are looking for a CPA certified Accountant with a combination of experience in consumer goods, financial statements, general ledger, fixed assets, manufacturing, and sales & use tax. A successful candidate will also be an experienced manager of an accounting function. The position will be full-time in our Shelburne, VT office with occasional travel to our Whiting, VT office. There is an ability to perform this role both remotely and at either of the Vermont location depending upon circumstances.
Primary Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
• Perform monthly bank account and general ledger account reconciliations
• Preparation of financial statements and other financial reports
• Perform period, quarterly and annual financial closings
• Provide support for annual financial audits
• Oversee and assist (when necessary) the filing monthly sales & use tax returns
• Direct the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions
• Support weekly payables cash forecast reporting, research and data analysis
• Manage fixed assets
• Assist with the communication with federal, state, and local tax agencies re filing requirements; complete such required filings utilizing related software platform
• Support the development of and adherence to internal control processes
• Provides support and coverage for other accounting staff as necessary
• Performs other job-related duties as requested by management
• CPA with a Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field is required with 10 years of experience
• Experience with SAP, NetSuite, and Batchmaster software is preferred
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications necessary, especially Excel
• General knowledge of accounting and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Multi-site business experience preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Solid understanding of business process and analysis tools
• Strong analytical, technical skills and ability to link information together
• Self-motivated team player with a strong ability to interact with individuals at all levels
• Ability to work flexible hours as needed
• Good organizational skills and ability to handle a high volume of work
• Familiarity with process improvement techniques
• Ability to handle confidential financial information appropriately
• Ability to positively and comfortably handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with focused attention to detail
Tata Harper is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a reference check, background check, and documented proof of work authorization
Our organization strongly values diversity and the inclusion of people from a wide range of backgrounds and experience, recognizing that such diversity will enrich our culture and strengthen our ability to fulfill our organization’s mission.
Gallagher, Flynn, & Company, LLP has been retained to conduct this search. Interested candidates may apply by sending a resume and cover letter to Shane Capron or Val Nikel via firstname.lastname@example.org. While we appreciate all interest in this exciting opportunity, only candidates most closely aligned with our search will be contacted.
Disclaimer: What is listed above is representative of the responsibilities of the position but is not meant to be an exhaustive list. Responsibilities may change during employment at the company’s discretion. Gallagher, Flynn & Company, LLP and our client do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.